Mojo Mobile Spa Inc. practises the Swedish relaxation body massage. The Swedish massage includes long gliding strokes, kneading, friction , taping, and shaking motions. It affects the nerves, muscles, glands, and circulation while promoting health and well being. Remember prevention is better than a cure. A regular treatment that fits into your schedule, will help prevent future stress accumulating. Mojo encourages regular treatments to prevent illness and to maintain a healthy well being.
Mojo Swedish massage reduces muscular aches and pains. Increases circulation. Reduces anxiety and eliminates stress.
- $45: 30 Minute Session
- $65: 45 Minute Session
- $85: 60 Minute Session
Benefits of Massage
- Circulation is increased (thereby increasing nourishment and oxygenation)
- Toxins released
- Fat cells may be reduced
- Skin is softer and more pliable; wrinkles are temporarily minimized
- Muscle fibres are stimulated and strengthened
- Nerves are soothed
- Pain may be relieved
- Lymph circulation is increased (reduces puffiness, increases detoxification)
- Light rhythmic and slow movements will promote relaxation
- Moderate pressure and rapid movements will create stimulation
Normal Side Effects
- Tiredness – due to the release of toxins encouraged by the treatment and the initiation of healing energies, which require the body to rest.
- Muscular aches and pains and/or headaches – as the nerve fibres respond to the work undertaken.
- Heightened emotional state – due to the positive release of suppressed feelings and emotions
- Frequent urination – due to stimulation of lymphatic system.
- Changed sleep pattern
- Active bowels – all body systems, including the digestive system will work better.
- Spots (pimple) may appear – released toxins and hormones may surface through the skin.
- Heart conditions and/or high blood pressure and/or diabetes – body is not able to regulate increase blood flow.
- High cholesterol – blood vessels may be blocked.
- Inflamed or swollen tissue/joints – massage can irritate, spread, and worsen condition.
- Varicose veins/spider veins – vessels are not functioning properly – unable to carry increased blood flow.
- Pregnancy – may be uncomfortable for client to lie on back or stomach fpr extended periods of time.
Home Care Advice
- Eat a light diet with plenty of colourful fruits and veggies which are antioxidants that help increase energy levels and help to cleanse the digestive tract. A heavy meal will divert blood to the digestive system away from the blood deprived muscles.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages and alcohol for at least 12 hours. Caffeine is a stimulant and both alcohol and caffeine cause dehydration. Instead, try drinking herbal tea for it is calming and gentle on the body systems. Peppermint is good for digestion. Ginger is good for female metabolism. Chamomile for relaxation.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Try to relax for the rest of the day. Avoid strenuous activity. Stretches are recommended to lengthen relaxed muscles.
- A warm 15-20 minute bath could be taken to prolong relaxation and promote the flushing of toxins.
- Deep breathing or guided mediation while stretching is extremely relaxing and will also increase the oxygen to the muscles and body systems.
- Have a nap or a rest during the day. Try to get 6-8 hours of sleep per night allowing the body to heal and repair itself.
- For releasing any tension (aches or pains) in specific areas of the body, alternate hot and cold compress (5 minutes each)